- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ruth Ann Beck, 67, Ephrata, worked at Walter W. Moyer and Aly-Wear, loved reading
Ruth Ann (Frankford) Beck, 67, of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, June 25, 2014, at Lancaster General Hospital.
She was the daughter of the late Ralph and Cora Fern (Sensenig) Frankford Ludwig and was the wife of Jeffrey D. Beck with whom she shared 46 years of marriage.
Ruth was a member of the Dove Westgate Church. She had worked at Walter W. Moyer, Hemmerichs in Denver, Aly-Wear in Ephrata as a quality control inspector and also at Bennett Truck Transport in Leola as an assistant dispatcher. Ruth enjoyed reading and loved spending time with her family. She will be greatly missed.
In addition to her husband; she is survived by two daughters: Tami L., wife of Don Burkholder Jr. of Ephrata; Jaclyn, wife of Keith Breneman of Clay; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; two brothers: Ralph, husband of Delores Frankford of Alabama, Eugene, husband of Linda Frankford of Bloomsburg; and a stepsister: Sandra Harding of Sinking Spring.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her stepfather: Lloyd L. Ludwig; three brothers: William, Robert and James Frankford; and two sisters: Fern Busser and Linda Yost.
Services were held June 20 at Evangel Assembly of God, Ephrata, with Pastor Scott Greiner officiating. Interment was in the Mellinger’s Union Cemetery.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.