- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ruth Mellinger, 76, homemaker
Ruth L. Mellinger, 76, of Narvon, formerly of Denver, died Friday, Dec. 9, 2011 at Zerbe Sisters Nursing Center.
Born in Martindale, she was the daughter of the late Lloyd D. and Alice (Leed) Frankhouser. She was married 41 years on Oct. 17 to Dale B. Mellinger.
She was a homemaker most of her life but worked 14 years at Quinlan Pretzel Co. in Denver before her marriage. She was a member of St. John Center Lutheran Church and attended the Worship Center in Lancaster. She enjoyed gardening, cooking, the outdoors and her grandchildren.
Surviving in addition to her husband are five children: Vicky L., wife of Douglas Hensel, of Denver; Robert L., husband of Jane R. (Waltman) Mellinger, of Narvon; Anthony D. Mellinger, of Willow Street; Lori A., wife of Daniel Hurst, of East Earl; and Cindy L. Mellinger, of Nutley, N.J.; 12 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
Preceding her in death is a daughter: Alice Ann Frankhouser, in 2009; three sisters: Irene Frankhouser, Anna Shaffer and Fern Peachey; and a brother: Lloyd Frankhouser.
Funeral services will be held on Dec. 16 at 10 a.m. at the Eckenroth Home for Funerals, 209 E. Main St., Terre Hill, with the Rev. Robert Kramer officiating. Interment will be in the Terre Hill Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send the family online condolences, visit groffeckenroth.com.