- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ruth Young, Science Press worker
Ruth E. Young, 93, formerly of Adamstown, Ephrata and Belle Plaine, Minn, died Tuesday, April 17, 2012, in Riverwood Center, Jacksonville, Fla.
Born in Shillington, a daughter of the late Martin and Carrie (Peters) Heft, she was a 1937 graduate of Shillington High School. She last worked for Science Press, Ephrata, and earlier in the garment industry. A member since baptism of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Adamstown, she later belonged to St. John’s Lutheran Church, Belle Plaine.
Surviving are daughters: Rosalind Buhman, of Belle Plaine, Minn; and Eileen Senesac, of Jacksonville, Fla.; three granddaughters; seven great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was also predeceased by her former husband: Harold Young; a brother; and a sister.
Graveside services were held April 24 in Cedar Grove Cemetery, Adamstown, with the Rev. Sandra L. Gideon officiating.
Kindly omit flowers. Contributions may be sent to St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Box 385, Adamstown, PA 19501 and St. John’s Lutheran Church, 18 Chestnut St., Belle Plaine, MN 56011.
Good Funeral Home, Reamstown, is honored to be serving Ruth’s family. For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.