- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Ruth Young, Science Press worker
Ruth E. Young, 93, formerly of Adamstown, Ephrata and Belle Plaine, Minn, died Tuesday, April 17, 2012, in Riverwood Center, Jacksonville, Fla.
Born in Shillington, a daughter of the late Martin and Carrie (Peters) Heft, she was a 1937 graduate of Shillington High School. She last worked for Science Press, Ephrata, and earlier in the garment industry. A member since baptism of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Adamstown, she later belonged to St. John’s Lutheran Church, Belle Plaine.
Surviving are daughters: Rosalind Buhman, of Belle Plaine, Minn; and Eileen Senesac, of Jacksonville, Fla.; three granddaughters; seven great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was also predeceased by her former husband: Harold Young; a brother; and a sister.
Graveside services were held April 24 in Cedar Grove Cemetery, Adamstown, with the Rev. Sandra L. Gideon officiating.
Kindly omit flowers. Contributions may be sent to St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Box 385, Adamstown, PA 19501 and St. John’s Lutheran Church, 18 Chestnut St., Belle Plaine, MN 56011.
Good Funeral Home, Reamstown, is honored to be serving Ruth’s family. For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.