- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Samuel Leed, 74, Snyder mason
Samuel R. Leed, 74, of Reinholds, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2012, at his residence.
Born in Millbach Springs, he was the son of the late John and Ella (Rock) Leed and was the husband of Joan (Balthaser) Leed. They were married 46 years.
Sam was an avid hunter and enjoyed spending time with his children and grandchildren. He was a mason for 55 years, retiring from Snyder Masonry.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by his son: Jeff, husband of Deborah (Hix) Leed, of Reinholds; his daughter: Jodie Leigey, of Wernersville; his former son-in-law: Ron Leigey, of Reinholds; four grandchildren: Travis, Tyler, Jolynn and Pamela Leed, all of Reinholds; and brothers and sisters: Madison Leed, of Reinholds; Ida Hanna, of Stevens; Barton "Rocky" Leed, of Reinholds; and Barbara, wife of Gerald Werner, of Reinholds.
He was preceded in death by his son: Dennis Harding; and three sisters: Fannie Sandoe, Anna Hepner and Grace Mountz.
Funeral services were held on Jan. 7 at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, Denver, with Rev. Dennis Trout and Chaplain Glenn Beard officiating. Burial took place at the Pleasant View Cemetery, Sinking Spring.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Sam’s memory may be made to Friends Not Forgotten, c/o Discovery Federal Credit Union, 2744 Century Blvd., Wyomissing, PA 19610.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. To leave a condolence for the family, visit roseborostradling.com.