- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Sarah Mellinger, 96, Fleet-Air worker
Sarah W. Mellinger, 96, of Fairmount Homes, formerly of Ephrata, died Sunday, June 12, 2011 at Hospice of Lancaster County.
Born in Earl Township, she was the daughter of the late Daniel S. and Ellen (Witmer) Stauffer. She was preceded in death by her husband, Ivan S. Mellinger, in 2001.
Sarah worked for 31 years at the former Fleet-Air Shoe Factory in Ephrata and enjoyed gardening and piecing quilt tops. She was a member of Village Chapel in Voganville.
Surviving are three children: Dorothy, wife of Donald Hiester, of Ephrata; Ivan L., husband of JoAnn (Kennedy) Mellinger, of Ephrata; and Chester R. Mellinger, of Tucson, Ariz.; four grandchildren: Susie, wife of Tom McGarvey; Vicky, wife of Richard Stephens; Randy, husband of Lucinda Mellinger; and Jared, husband of Michelle Mellinger; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son: Harold L. Mellinger; a grandson: Bryan, husband of Sherrie Mellinger; four sisters; and a brother.
Funeral services will be held June 16 at 10 a.m. at Groff-High Funeral Home, 145 W. Main St. in New Holland, with Pastor Jeff Horst officiating. A viewing will be held on Thursday from 9-10. Interment will take place in New Holland Mennonite Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. If desired, memorials may be sent to the Martindale Fire Company, 527 Grist Mill Road, Martindale, PA 17549; or Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Online condolences to the family may be posted at groffeckenroth.com.