- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Shirley A. Redcay, office worker, loved to crochet
Shirley A. Redcay, 78, of Akron, passed away Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013, at her residence.
She was born in Lancaster to the late Leon and Florence (Dukeman) Glatfelter and was the wife of John D. Redcay with who she shared 60 years of marriage.
Shirley was a member of the Ephrata Church of the Brethren. During her working years, she worked in the office for Dutchmaid, Walter W. Moyer and Miller-Hess Shoe Company. She loved traveling, camping and crafts, especially crocheting, for which she won numerous ribbons at local fairs.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by a daughter: Kathy Martin, companion of Rick Sipe of New Holland; a grandson: Derek Martin, fiance’ of Katelyn Smith of Lancaster and a brother: Dennis, husband of Betty Glatfelter of Ephrata.
A visitation will be held on Tuesday, November 12, from 10 to 11 a.m., at the Stradling Funeral Home, 30 North Ninth Street, Akron, followed by her funeral service at 11 a.m. Interment will take place in Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Shirley’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P. O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.