- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Shirley A. Shirk, 67, member of Word of Life Deaf Lutheran, did data entry for DOR
Shirley A. Shirk, 67, of Ephrata, passed away peacefully at her home Thursday, May 29, 2014 after a long battle with cancer, with her daughters by her side.
Her husband, the late Dale K. Shirk, passed away on July 17, 2009. Born in Ashtabula, Ohio, she was a daughter of the late Calvin and Eva C. (Amoroso) Wright.
Shirley was a member of Word of Life Deaf Lutheran Church on Route 501 in Lancaster. Until her illness, she worked in data entry for the Department of Revenue.
She is survived by four daughters: Christina, wife of Josef Stambulski of Creal Springs, Ill., Sharon, wife of Joel Nicarry of Fredericksburg, Tammy, wife of Paul Klick of Palmyra, and Laurie, wife of Joseph Kramer of Myerstown; and 10 grandchildren. Shirley was the oldest of six children.
In addition to her husband and rents, Shirley was preceded in death by a son: Jay Oliver Harvill.
Services were held June 3 at Paul L. Gravenor Home for Funerals, Ephrata, with the Rev. Russell Rockwell officiating. Interment followed in St. Paul’s U.M. Church Cemetery, Terre Hill.
Donations in Shirley’s memory may be made to Keystone Deaf Senior Citizens, c/o Sharon Nicarry, P.O. Box 370, Fredericksburg, 17026.
To offer your condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com. Arrangements entrusted to Paul L. Gravenor Home for Funerals, Ephrata.