- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Shirley Hirneisen, 75, Denver, loved gardening, NASCAR
Shirley M. Hirneisen, 75, of Denver, passed away Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at her home, surrounded by family and friends.
Born on January 12, 1937 in Reading, she was the daughter of the late Lester Bauder and Margaret (Sweitzer) Bauder who resides in Ephrata. Shirley was married to the late Kenneth D. Hirneisen.
Besides being a loving mother and grandmother, she loved her gardening and beautiful flowers. She also watched NASCAR racing and was a big fan of WWE Wrestling. She will be deeply missed.
Shirley is survived by her mother: Margaret Bauder; a sister: Linda, wife of John Bartsch, of Bethel; and six children: Debra A., wife of Carol E. Sensenig, of Denver; Gerald E., husband of Debra Bollinger, of Florida; Jeffrey L., husband of Cindy Bollinger, of Reinholds; Kenneth L. Bollinger, partner of Lucy Walmer, of Ephrata; John F., husband of Donna Hirneisen, of Adamstown; and Melissa M. Hirneisen, partner of Chris McBride, of Ephrata; 11 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father, husband and a grandchild.