- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Shirley J. Hilton, 79, formerly of Ephrata, long-time representative at Farmers First Bank
Shirley J. (Erwin) Hilton, 79, formerly of Ephrata, passed away Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Pleasant View Retirement Community.
She was born in Clay Township to the late Lloyd and Mamie (Ulrich) Erwin and was the wife of Russell D. Hilton who passed away in 2005.
Shirley was a member of First United Methodist Church, Ephrata. During her working years, she worked as a customer service representative for the former Farmers’ First Bank from 1958 to 1996.
She is survived by two brothers: Leroy and Carl Erwin, both of Manheim.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by two brothers: Donald and Robert Erwin; three sisters: Violet Enck, Elizabeth Heisey and Grace Levering.
Graveside services were held on Aug. 20 at Emanuel Lutheran Cemetery, Brickerville, with Pastor Walter Carter officiating.
Memorial contributions in Shirley’s memory may be made to First United Methodist Church, 68 N. Church Street, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.