- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Solomon Martin, 72, Ephrata, was self-employed mason
Solomon R. Martin, 72, of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2012, at his home.
He was born in East Earl Township to Elam and Lillian W. (Redcay) Martin and was the husband of Mildred S. Martin.
He was a self-employed mason. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and bird watching. Masonry work was his pride and joy.
In addition to his parents and his wife, he is survived by two daughters: Sheila R., wife of Michael Hoffmeier, of Kirkwood; and Christina Y. Martin, of Ephrata; two grandsons: Travis M. and Dalton N. Hoffmeier, of Kirkwood; two brothers: Alvin R., husband of Shirley Martin, of New Holland; and Leon R., husband of Sandra Martin, of Denver; three sisters: Mary R., wife of Irvin Weaver, of Ephrata; Elizabeth R., wife of Paul Keller; and Irene R., wife of Brian Witmer, of Ephrata; a sister in law: Kathy Martin, of Willow Street; 14 nieces and nephews; and 16 great-nieces and nephews.
In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by two brothers: Raymond and Mervin Martin.
His funeral services were held Oct. 9 at the Stradling Funeral Home. Interment took place in the Mt. Zion Cemetery.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.