- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Stewart Kessler, veteran, Brown Trailers employee
Stewart W. Kessler, 84, of Denver, died Saturday, June 9, 2012 in Ephrata Community Hospital.
Born in Fritztown, Berks County, he was a son of the late Clayton W. and Minerva (Young) Kessler.
A Korean War army veteran, he was a life member of Reinholds VFW. Stewart worked for Brown Trailers, Shillington, and earlier for Teledyne, Mohnton.
He is survived by his companion of 37 years: Katie (Doster) Killian, of Denver; a sister: Anna Hornberger, of Fritztown; niece: Jeanette Law, of Fritztown; nephew: Kent Hornberger, of Wernersville; and his beagle: Spunky.
Funeral services were held on June 12 at from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with the Rev. Elmer B. Reinhold Jr. officiating. Entombment took place in Pleasant View Cemetery Mausoleum, Sinking Spring.
Rather than flowers, remember Stewart with contributions to Humane Society of Berks County, 1801 N. 11th St., Reading, PA 19604.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.