- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Susie I. Kreider, 88, Ephrata, Brownstown Restaurant, Yoder’s worker, enjoyed baking
Susie I. Kreider, 88, of Ephrata, went home to be with her Lord and Savior Thursday, Aug. 28, 2014, at Fairmount Homes.
She was born in Ephrata to the late Mahlon and Fannie (Stauffer) Good and was the wife of the late Melvin Kreider.
Susie was a member of the Hinkletown Mennonite Church where she was a member of the sewing circle. She worked in the kitchen at Yoder’s and the Brownstown Restaurant, where she enjoyed cooking and baking. Susie was well known for her lemon sponge and peanut butter pies.
She is survived by a son: Clarence E., husband of Darlene (Seibel) Kreider of Myerstown; three daughters: Linda J., wife of Ray R. Groff of Ephrata; Fannie L., wife of Michael Rollman of Ephrata; Becky S., wife of Ammon Weaver of Denver; 20 grandchildren; 62 great-grandchildren; and six great-great grandchildren.
In addition to her husband and parents, she is preceded in death by a daughter: Ellen M. Kreider; a great-grandson, Sheldon Martin; five brothers: Harry, Warren, Norman, Charles, and Mahlon Good; and five sisters: Anna Martin, Mary Sensenig, Edna Zollers, Eva Good, and Margaret Good.
Services were held Sept. 3 at Hinkletown Mennonite Church, Ephrata, with Pastor Glenn Sauder officiating. Interment followed in the Hinkletown Mennonite Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Susie’s memory may be made to Fairmount Homes Sharing Fund, 333 Wheat Ridge Drive, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.