- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Terry Jordan Powell, 75, Ephrata, was health physicist, enjoyed reading, time with family
Terry Jordan Powell, 75, of Ephrata, passed away peacefully Monday, July 14, 2014, at his residence.
He was born in San Francisco, Calif. to the late James and Beatrice (Mikesell) Powell and was the husband of Everlie (Glew) Powell with whom he shared 54 years of marriage.
Jordan was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Lancaster. He retired from Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California where he worked as a health physicist. He loved reading and being with his family.
In addition to his wife; he is survived by his five children: Elizabeth, wife of Jim Bowe, Don, husband of Sylvia Powell, Linnea, wife of Donnie Stewart, Kimberly, wife of Paul Andersen, Emmeline, wife of David Stoddard; 23 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and a sister: Sherry Stenvold.
In addition to his parents; he was preceded in death by five siblings: Dawn, Karyl, James, Bob and Pat.
Services were held July 23 at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Lancaster, with Bishop James E. Bowe officiating. Interment followed in the Mellinger’s Union Cemetery, Stevens.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.