- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Terry Thomas, 71, Hinkles & McCoy retiree, veteran
Terry T. Thomas, 71, of Stevens, formerly of Blandon, passed away Sunday, Dec. 18, 2011 at Ephrata Community Hospital after a brief illness.
He was the husband of Vonalee L. (Gahagan) Thomas.
Terry was born in Minersville, son of the late Ralph and Myrtle (Bell) Thomas. He was a U.S. Air Force veteran. Terry worked as a senior purchasing agent for Hinkles & McCoy in Blue Bell until his retirement in 2001.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by six daughters: Wendy, wife of John Keyser, of Pottstown; Kim Thomas, of Ephrata; Sherry, wife of Robert Harper, of New Holland; Holly, wife of Rick Linan, of Denver; Shelly Gibson, of Royersford; and Lynn, wife of Charles Murphy of Mahanoy City; 17 grandchildren; three great-granddaughters and a fourth on the way; one great-grandson; his siblings: Gary, Barb, Dan, Cindy, Raymond, Sharon and Mildred; and a number of nieces and nephews.
Terry was preceded in death by two grandchildren and a sister: Jeanie.
Memorial services will be held at Ephrata Church of the Nazarene, 110 Durlach Road, Ephrata, on Dec. 30 at 5 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, consider sending sympathy cards to Vonnie Thomas, 31 Millpond Drive, Stevens, PA 17578.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.