- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Thelma Ziemer, 76, CW retiree
Thelma L. Ziemer, 76, formerly of Denver, entered into rest Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2011 at Fairmount Homes after a lengthy illness.
She was the daughter of the late William and Elva Lausch. She was married to Raymond H. Ziemer for 57 years.
Thelma was a member of Peace United Church of Christ. She was retired from Conestoga Wood Products. Previous to her illness, she especially enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren, flower gardening and bus trips with her sisters.
She is survived by her husband: Raymond; three children: Sandra, wife of James Bair; Bruce, husband of Diane Kiesel Ziemer; Patti, wife of Richard Martin; six grandchildren: Abby Malone, Jordan Ziemer, Molly Bair, Ellyn Bair, Joshua Martin and Elisabeth Martin; one great grandchild: Dallas Ziemer; two sisters: Esther Schlouch and Kathryn Light; and one brother: Clayton Lausch. She was preceded in death by a sister and brother: Arlene Groff and William Lausch.
Thelma’s funeral was held at Peace United Church of Christ, Denver, on Oct. 10. Interment took place at Center Union Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made in Thelma’s memory to Fairmount Homes, 333 Wheat Ridge Drive, Ephrata, PA 17522.
To send the family condolences, visit groffeckenroth.com.