- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Thomas C. Wagner Sr., 82, concrete truck driver
Thomas Calvin Wagner Sr., 82, of Denver, passed away Sunday, June 17, 2012 at Ephrata Community Hospital.
Born in Brecknock Township, he was the son of the late John M. and Viola K. (Musser) Wagner and was the husband of the late Lillie (Gangaway) Wagner, who passed away in 1994.
He attended Mellingers Lutheran Church and enjoyed NASCAR and sprint car racing. Mr. Wagner worked as a concrete truck driver for the former Kurtz Bros. Concrete, High Steel and Eastern Industries, retiring after 36 years of service.
Surviving are two sons: Thomas C. Wagner Jr., with whom he resided; and David S., husband of Connie (Krick) Wagner, of Stevens; daughter: Lorraine Marie, wife of Larry Sager, of Akron; five grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; brother: Paul H., husband of Helen (Fisher) Wagner, of Denver; two sisters: Betty Bucher, of Ephrata; and Edna Zimmerman, of Stevens; and his companion: Lottie Lesher, of Schoeneck.
Besides his wife and parents, he was preceded in death by two sisters: Marcella Snader and Cora Wagner.
The funeral service will be held on June 21 at 2 p.m. at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, 533 Walnut St., Denver, with Rev. Timothy L. Craven officiating. Burial will take place in Martins Cemetery, Brecknock Township.
Memorial contributions in Mr. Wagner’s memory may be made to Mellinger’s Lutheran Church, 80 Gockley Road, Stevens, PA 17578.
Arrangements are being made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.