- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Thomas H. Showalter, 62, artist, retired art teacher
Thomas H. Showalter, 62, of Carlisle, passed away Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at Hershey Medical Center.
He was born in Ephrata to the late Henry and Althea (Raihl) Showalter and was the husband of Sandra (Long) Showalter.
Thomas was a graduate of Mansfield University and did his graduate work at Millersville University. He retired from the Harrisburg Area School District as an art teacher. He enjoyed painting, sketching and woodworking.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a son, Jason Showalter, at home.
Services will be private at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Thomas’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P. O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.