- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Thomas J. Cox, devout Catholic, nature lover
Thomas J. Cox, 82, of Towanda and Lancaster, passed peacefully in his sleep Monday, Oct. 14, 2013 at his daughter’s home.
Born April 11, 1931, he was the son of the late A.B. and Helen Cox of Towanda and brother of Mary Naczi and Patricia Shumaker.
He is survived by his wife of 60 years, Rita Ann (Farr), and his six children: Helen Levering of Lititz; Rita Sasso, wife of Richard of Lititz; Thomas Cox Jr. of Monroeton; Charles Cox of Leola; Cynthia Croom, wife of Herbert of Lancaster and Michael Cox of New York City; six grandchildren: David Cox, Jake Sasso, Amy O’Rielly, Amanda Levering, Theresa Trueheart and Matthew Levering and his four great-grandchildren.
A devout Catholic, Tom and Rita baptized, raised and educated their six children at St. Anthony of Padua Parish. A lover of nature, Tom was an avid hunter, fisherman and gardener. He enjoyed playing cards and sports like softball and badminton. Above all, he cherished spending time with his family.
A mass of Christian burial was held at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, Lancaster, Oct. 19 with The Rev. James O’Blaney C.Ss.R. as celebrant.
Memorial contributions may be made in Thomas’s memory to his hometown parish of St. Peter & Paul, 106 Third St., Towanda, PA 18848, where he was an active parishioner.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.