- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Vera Hoover, formerly of Ephrata Twp.
Vera M. Hoover, 61, of Reading, passed away Sunday, April 22, 2012 at her residence.
She was born in Ephrata Township to the late Curvin S. and Anna (Martin) Hursh and was the wife of Elam G. Hoover .
She was a member of Walnuttown Mennonite Church, Weaverland Conference.
In addition to her husband, Vera is survived by a daughter: Shereen H., wife of Leon R. Garman, of Reading; four sons: Jolin H. Hoover, of Stevens; Marcus L. Hoover, of Ephrata; Keith H., husband of Malinda S. (Horst) Hoover, of Mohrsville; and Derrill L., husband of Marilyn L. (Musser) Hoover, of Ephrata; brothers and sisters: Paul H., husband of Barbara N. (Sensenig) Hursh, of Lititz; Mary E., wife of the late Ervin B. Rutt, of Manheim; Helen M., wife of Elvin W. Hurst, of Newmanstown; Kathryn I., wife of Clarence M. Nolt, of Myerstown; Curvin M., husband of Joanne (Yoder) Hursh, of Horns Lake, Miss.; and Amos M., husband of Laura B. (Eberly) Hursh, of Ephrata; and eight grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at 8:45 a.m. on April 27 at the Martindale Reception Center, 905 Martindale Road, Martindale, with further services at 9:30 a.m. from the Cocalico Mennonite Church, 979 White Oak Road, Denver, with Bishop Leon Zimmerman officiating. Interment will be in the Cocalico Mennonite Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.