- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Verna Fassnacht, 92, Dutchmaid inspector
Verna G. Fassnacht, 92, of Lancaster, passed away on Thursday, May 24, 2012, at Brethren Village.
She was born in Ephrata to the late Samuel and Emma (Witmyer) McQuate and was the wife of the late Robert C. Fassnacht, who passed away in 2000.
Verna was a member of the Ephrata Church of the Brethren, Ephrata, where she formerly served as a deacon. She enjoyed cooking and crocheting, especially making snowflakes and Christmas ornaments. During her working years, she was an inspector for Dutchmaid and was previously employed at Ephrata High School cafeteria. Verna enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Verna is survived by a son: Thomas P., husband of Trish (Lausch) Fassnacht, of Stevens; two daughters: Linda K., wife of Leon D. Horst, of New Holland; Sandra A., wife of Randal E. Gehman, of Denver; six grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
A memorial service was held on May 27 at Ephrata Church of the Brethren with Pastor Rob Eshelman officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family in the Cedar Hill Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Verna’s memory may be made to Ephrata Church of the Brethren, 201 Crescent Ave., Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.