- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Vernon Martin, former resident
Vernon Charles Martin, 88, previously of Bowmansville, passed away at Hope Hospice in Lehigh Acres, Fla., Friday, May 11, 2012.
He had lived in Fort Myers, Fla., for most of the past 10 years. Vernon was born July 22, 1923, in Maugansville, Md. His parents were Henry H. Martin and Edna Martin. His wife of 68 years, Edith Gehman Martin, preceded him in death on Nov. 13, 2011.
He is survived by two brothers and two sisters: Gerald, husband of the late Pauline Martin, of Chambersburg; Aldine, husband of Margaret Martin, of Greencastle; Lowe Mae, wife of Abram Crider, of Shippensburg, and Miriam, wife of Ronald Friesen, of Manheim; six children: Clair, husband of Guenn, of Ft. Myers, Fla.; Lou Ann, wife of Parke Good, of Lititz; Dean, husband of Eunice, of Birmingham, Ala.; Daryl, husband of Karen, of Berne, Ind.; Judy, wife of Luke Kurtz, of Bowmansville; and Karl, husband of Kelly, of Aberdeen, N.C.; 17 grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren.
His brother: Ivan, husband of Emma Martin, preceded him in death.
A memorial service is planned for June 2 at 10 a.m. at Bethany Grace Fellowship, 400 Reading Road (Route 625), East Earl.
Memorial contributions may be sent to Hope Hospice, 9470 Health Park Circle, Fort Myers, FL 33908.