- This summer, at the movies…
- Easter Egg Hunt List
- Irish dance showcase at Warwick High School
- Roots and Blues 2017
- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
Victor Shimp, 86, butcher, WWII sgt.
Victor Shimp, 86, of Denver, died Monday, May 2, 2011 at Phoenixville Hospital.
Born in Reinholds, he was a son of the late Samuel and Ida (Keith) Shimp. He was the husband of Jean L. (Sprecher) Shimp, who died Feb. 4, 2001.
Victor was a self-employed butcher with Ralph Sprecher Meats in Reading and had stands at 8th & Penn and Kissinger’s Markets. An Army sergeant during World War II, he was a life member of Adamstown VFW.
Surviving is a son: Gary T., husband of Susan A (Diefenderfer) Shimp, of Terre Hill; grandchildren: David and Sara; great-grandchildren: Leesha, Nathan, Jacob, Josh and Zachary.
Private arrangements were made through Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre in Reamstown. For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.