- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Viola (Fritz) Hess, 96, Walter M. Moyer supervisor, Zion’s Reformed UCC member
Viola (Fritz) Hess, 96, of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Golden Living Center of Lancaster.
She was born in Brecknock Township to the late William and Lizzie (Glass) Fritz and was the wife of the late Frank H. Hess who passed away in 1969.
Viola was a member of the Zion’s Reformed UCC Church, Lincoln. She had worked as a supervisor at the former Walter W. Moyer Company from 1956-1982, and then worked part time at the Garden Spot Auto Auction until 1986. She was also a member of the Lincoln Friendly Circle.
She is survived by a daughter: Joyce E., wife of Leroy S. Burkhart of Ephrata; two grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband and parents, she is preceded in death by a grandson.
Services were held April 22 at Zion’s Reformed UCC Church, Ephrata, with Rev. Barry Zimmerman officiating. Interment followed in the Lincoln Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Viola’s memory may be made to the Zion’s Reformed UCC Church, 1356 Apple Street, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.