- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Violet H. Connelly, 83, Royer Pharmacy cashier, former Girl Scout leader
Violet H. Connelly, 83, of Lancaster and longtime former resident of Ephrata, died Thursday, July 25, 2013, at the Heart of Lancaster Hospital.
Born in Harleysville, she was the daughter of the late H. Lester and Alice G. Hockman. She was the wife of the late Guie Connelley, who died in January 2005, with whom she shared 55 years of marriage.
A graduate of Ephrata High School in 1947, she most recently worked as a cashier at Royer Pharmacy, Ephrata, and as a secretary at Ditzler’s Firestone, Ephrata. She enjoyed going to the Ephrata Fair, reading, crocheting, playing bingo and cats. She was a member of the Ephrata Church of the Brethren for many years and had been a Girl Scout leader.
Violet is survived by three daughters: Christine C., wife of Homer Myers of Ephrata; Susan C. Kulp of Ephrata and Janet A., wife of Allan Uettwiller of Akron; four grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; a sister: Arlene, wife of Jack Rabold of Stevens; one niece and one nephew.
A memorial service will be private at the convenience of the family.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.