- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Violet J. ‘Dolly’ Steffy, 82, Akron, Pennfield Farms worker, enjoyed spending time with family
Violet J. “Dolly” Steffy, 82, of Akron, passed away Tuesday, May 20, 2014, at Ephrata Manor.
She was born in Clay Township to the late Aaron and Anges (Gockley) Wanner and was the wife of Robert Steffy.
Violet enjoyed spending time with her children, grandchildren and Himalayan cats. She was also a doll collector. During her working years, Violet worked at Pennfield Farms as a packer/handler.
In addition to her husband; she is survived by three sons: Walter Ream Jr., companion of Tina Vitale of Brickerville, Rick, husband of Sandra Steffy of Elm, Jeffrey Steffy of Lititz; a daughter: Diane, wife of Larry Anne of Rothsville; 11 grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild; a brother: David Wanner; two sisters: Ella Mae Evangelista and Rose Smith.
A graveside service was held May 23 at Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery, with Rev. Richard Cook officiating.
Memorial contributions in Violet’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P. O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.