- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Violet J. ‘Dolly’ Steffy, 82, Akron, Pennfield Farms worker, enjoyed spending time with family
Violet J. “Dolly” Steffy, 82, of Akron, passed away Tuesday, May 20, 2014, at Ephrata Manor.
She was born in Clay Township to the late Aaron and Anges (Gockley) Wanner and was the wife of Robert Steffy.
Violet enjoyed spending time with her children, grandchildren and Himalayan cats. She was also a doll collector. During her working years, Violet worked at Pennfield Farms as a packer/handler.
In addition to her husband; she is survived by three sons: Walter Ream Jr., companion of Tina Vitale of Brickerville, Rick, husband of Sandra Steffy of Elm, Jeffrey Steffy of Lititz; a daughter: Diane, wife of Larry Anne of Rothsville; 11 grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild; a brother: David Wanner; two sisters: Ella Mae Evangelista and Rose Smith.
A graveside service was held May 23 at Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery, with Rev. Richard Cook officiating.
Memorial contributions in Violet’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P. O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.