- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Virginia Lausch, Miller- Hess worker, fire co. life member
Virginia A. (Fisher) Lausch, 62, of Akron, passed away Monday, June 6, 2011 at Ephrata Community Hospital.
She was born in Lancaster to the late Lester and Mabel (Reed) Fisher. She was the wife of Kenneth A. Lausch, with whom she shared 53 years of marriage.
Virginia worked for Miller Hess Shoe Company for many years. She was a life member of the Ladies Auxiliary and Akron Fire Company, and loved her animals and going to the cabin.
In addition to her husband she is survived by a daughter: Tamara, wife of Douglas Grosteffon, of Akron; a son: Ryan Lausch, of Akron; and a sister: Judy A. Fisher, of Ephrata.
She was preceded in death by a son: Nicolas Lausch.
Memorial services were held June 14 at Akron Church of the Brethren with Pastor Tom Weber officiating. Interment took place in Mt. Zion Evangelical Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Virginia’s memory may be made to Akron Fire Company, 1229 Main St., Akron, PA 17501; or the Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Hwy. East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Condolences can be sent to stradlingfuneralhome.com.