- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Virginia Lausch, Miller- Hess worker, fire co. life member
Virginia A. (Fisher) Lausch, 62, of Akron, passed away Monday, June 6, 2011 at Ephrata Community Hospital.
She was born in Lancaster to the late Lester and Mabel (Reed) Fisher. She was the wife of Kenneth A. Lausch, with whom she shared 53 years of marriage.
Virginia worked for Miller Hess Shoe Company for many years. She was a life member of the Ladies Auxiliary and Akron Fire Company, and loved her animals and going to the cabin.
In addition to her husband she is survived by a daughter: Tamara, wife of Douglas Grosteffon, of Akron; a son: Ryan Lausch, of Akron; and a sister: Judy A. Fisher, of Ephrata.
She was preceded in death by a son: Nicolas Lausch.
Memorial services were held June 14 at Akron Church of the Brethren with Pastor Tom Weber officiating. Interment took place in Mt. Zion Evangelical Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Virginia’s memory may be made to Akron Fire Company, 1229 Main St., Akron, PA 17501; or the Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Hwy. East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Condolences can be sent to stradlingfuneralhome.com.