- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Virginia Swartz, 88, Ephrata, Cocalico home ec teacher
Virginia L. Swartz, 88, of Ephrata, went home to be with the Lord Friday, September 14, 2012 at Ephrata Manor.
She was born in Lancaster to the late Harry and Virginia (Eby) Bearinger and was the wife of Sam Swartz.
Virginia loved cooking, decorating, shopping and sewing. She graduated from Drexel University. Virginia was a home economics teacher for Cocalico High School.
In addition to her husband, Virginia is survived by a son: W. David, husband of Dianne Doherty, of Brownstown; a daughter: Ann, wife of Dr. Charles Yeager, of Ephrata; four grandchildren: Nick, husband of Mary Doherty, of Lititz; Nicole, wife of Michael Zimmerman; Justin Yeager, of New Orleans; and Dr. Laura Yeager, of St. Petersburg, Fla.
Virginia was preceded in death by her first two husbands: Ralph Doherty and Robert Ream.
A viewing will be held Sept. 20 from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Donecker Chapel at Ephrata Manor, 99 Bethany Road, Ephrata, followed by her funeral service held at 10 a.m. with Chaplain Sally Maxwell officiating. Interment will follow in the Lincoln Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Virginia’s memory may be made to Compassion Fund, First United Methodist Church, 68 N. Church Ave., Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.