- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Voldemar Ures, 90, Kerr retiree
Voldemar Ures, 90, of Ephrata, passed away Saturday, June 4, 2011 at his home.
He was born in Narva, Estonia, to Jaan and Lisa Ures. He was the husband of Saima (Trout) Ures, of Ephrata.
Voldemar was a member of Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church, Ephrata. He loved traveling with his wife and spending time with his family. He also enjoyed woodworking and gardening.
He worked for Kerr Glass Moulding Department until his retirement in 1986.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a daughter, Viola Kelley, of Marietta, Ga.; step daughter, Ena, wife of Ronald Bieber, of Sinking Spring; two step grandchildren: Wendy, wife of Doug Kellogg, of Lititz; Jeffrey, husband of Jodi Bieber, of Reading; and three step great-grandchildren: Dylan Bieber, Alexis and Johnathan Kellogg.
He was preceded in death by his first wife, Erna Ures, who passed away in 1984.
Funeral services will be held on June 9 at the Stradling Funeral Home with Pastor Jeffrey H. Goodman officiating. Interment will follow in the Paradise Mennonite Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Voldemar’s memory may be made to American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603; and Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1331 W. Main St., Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.