- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Walter P. Ellinger Jr., 80, was 40-year lock maker
Walter P. Ellinger Jr., 80, East Petersburg, passed away March 24, 2013 in Leesburg, Fla.
Mr. Ellinger was born Sept. 2, 1932 in Waynesboro, Va. His parents were Walter P. Ellinger and Grace (Cambell) Ellinger. He is a seasonal resident of Leesburg, Fla. and a full-time resident of East Petersburg. Walter worked for Slaymaker Locks as a lock maker for 40 years. He enjoyed traveling and spending time with his family.
Walter is predeceased in death by his son: Walter P. Ellinger III. Surviving are his loving wife of 62 years: Nancy (Heisler) Ellinger of East Petersburg; daughters: Susan C., wife of Terry Murray of Landisville; Dorothy "DeeDee" wife of Robert Weidler of Ephrata; and Audrey S., wife of Michael Lilley of Salunga; six grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild. The family has requested, in lieu of flowers, that memorial contributions be made to the local American Heart Association by mail or online.