- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Walter S. Weinhold, RCA Corp., active club member
Walter S. Weinhold, 94, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2013, at Lancaster General Hospital.
He was born in Philadelphia, son of the late Walter and Carrie (Zimmerly) Weinhold.
Walter was a member of the Swamp Lutheran Church in Reinholds. He was a 1938 graduate of Shillington High School. Walter worked as a millright for RCA Corp. in Lancaster. He was a member of the Cloister Post #429, American Legion, Adamstown VFW. Walter enjoyed hunting, fishing, watching baseball and gardening.
Walter is survived by two granddaughters: Lori, wife of Anthony Hatt of Ephrata; Cheryl Gerhart of Ephrata; a sister: Caroline Huber of Brethren Village; a nephew: Kenneth, husband of Wendy Huber of Lancaster and a niece: Janis, wife of Donald Bond of Delaware.
He was preceded in death by long-time companion: Anna M. (Gassert) Gerhart and a sister: Mary Eby.
A viewing was held Aug. 31, 2013 at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, Denver, followed by his funeral service with Rev. Dennis Trout officiating. Interment took place in the Swamp Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Walter’s memory may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association, Greater PA Chapter, 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 205 Harrisburg, PA 17110.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, Denver. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.