- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Warren R. Bensing, 93, worked at Lukens Steel, Wolf Shoe Co., was married 72 years
Warren R. Bensing, 93, of Ephrata, formerly of Denver, passed away Monday, April 14, 2014, at Ephrata Manor.
He was born in Denver to the late Ralph and Elizabeth (Firestone) Bensing.
Warren was a member of the Faith United Evangelical Lutheran Church in Denver. He worked at Lukens Steel and most recently worked at A. N. Wolf Shoe Company in Denver as a cutter.
Warren is survived by his wife, of 72 years: Kathleen R. “Kitty” (Stover) Bensing of Ephrata, formerly of Denver; a son: Kenneth W., husband of Ruthann (Beckwalter) Bensing of Terre Hill; two grandchildren: Eric, husband of Denise (Shomo) Bensing, and Bridgette Brubaker; three great-grandchildren, Nicole Shirk, Kyle and Travis Bensing; four great-great-grandchildren: Hayle Shirk, Austin Shirk, Mason Shirk and Kadin Bensing; and a brother: Larry, husband of Barbara (Miller) Bensing of Clay.
He was preceded in death by two sisters: Rose Marie Bensing and Fern White.
Interment will take place in the Fairview Cemetery at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Warren’s memory may be made to, the Faith United Evangelical Lutheran Church, 357 Walnut Street, Denver, PA 17517 or to the American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.