- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Wayne E. Wenrich, 80, formerly of Akron, was member of Mt. Zion UMC
Wayne E. Wenrich, 80, formerly of Akron, passed away Thursday, May 8, 2014, at Lancashire Hall.
He was born in Lebanon to the late Leroy and Lydia Ann (Martin) Wenrich
Wayne was a member of the Mt. Zion United Methodist Church, Akron.
Wayne is survived by a sister: Trudy, wife of Rev. William C. Chant of Lancaster; a brother: Walter “Butch,” husband of Josephine (Firestone) Wenrich of Ephrata.
He was preceded in death by two brothers: Reuben and James Wenrich; and a sister: Violet Wartluft.
A memorial services will be held on Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at 7:30 p.m, at the Mt. Zion United Methodist Church, 105 N. 11th St., Akron with Pastor Jacquie Sheely officiating. Family will receive friends following the service. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
If desired, memorial contributions in Wayne’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P. O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com. er, Brandi Kurtz, resides in Ephrata.