- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Weaver Martin, Hopeland, sewing machine mechanic
Weaver H. Martin, Jr., 78, of Hopeland, died peacefully at home Sunday, Dec. 25, 2011, after a massive stroke.
He was born Sept. 18, 1933 in Lancaster to the late Weaver W. and Ruth (Hursh) Martin. Weaver was the husband of Elsie (Sauder) Martin. They were married 57 years on May 27.
Weaver was a member of Springville Mennonite Church, Weaverland Conference, and a self-employed sewing machine mechanic.
Surviving in addition to his wife are three children: James, at home; Darlene, wife of Daryl Weaver, of Grantville; and Dale, husband of Elsa Mae (Rutt) Martin, of New Holland; nine grandchildren; five great- grandchildren; two brothers: Joseph Martin, of New Holland; and John Martin, of Narvon; and a sister: Margaret Martin, of Narvon.
He was preceded in death by a granddaughter: Jolene Weaver; and a brother: Daniel Martin.
Funeral services will be held on Dec. 29 at 9:30 a.m. at the Springville Mennonite Church 580 Springville Road, Ephrata, with the Bishop Jeremiah O. Sensenig officiating. Interment will be in the adjoining cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements are being made by Eckenroth Home for Funerals, Terre Hill.