- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Wheeler E. Walker, Sr., 67, Akron, ran WW Recon auto detailing service, country music fan
Wheeler E. Walker, Sr., 67, of Ephrata, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Hospice and Community Care, Mt. Joy.
He was born in Harrisonburg, Va., to the late Ivan and Annie Kathryn (Barton) Walker and was the husband of Shirley (Kreider) Walker with whom he shared 47 years of marriage.
Wheeler was a member of the Akron Church of the Brethren. He was the owner/operator of WW Recon, an auto detailing business. He enjoyed classic cars, classic country music and spending time with his grandchildren.
In addition to his wife; he is survived by two sons: Wheeler, husband of Carolyn (Yoder) Walker of Ephrata, Gariet, husband of Jennifer (Elgena) Walker of Manheim; a daughter: Tonya, wife of Christopher Balmer of Ephrata; five grandchildren: Brianne, Brooke, Jansen, Mattie Jane and Coleson; a brother: I. Blair Walker of Carlisle; three sisters: Florence Ann, wife of Edward Huber of Philadelphia, Mary, wife of Daniel Snyder of Dover, Del. and Lois, wife of Robert Roy of Jennersville.
In addition to his parents; he was preceded in death by a son: Lane Matthew Walker.
A viewing will be held on Thursday, July 31, from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Akron Church of the Brethren, 613 Main Street, Akron, followed by his funeral service at 11 a.m., with Pastor Tom Weber officiating. Interment will take place in the Calvary Monument Bible Church Cemetery, Paradise.
Memorial contributions in Wheeler’s memory may be made to the Akron Church of the Brethren, 613 Main St., Akron, PA 17501.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.