- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Willard Markley, PA Scale retiree, active in church
Willard I. Markley, 83, of Akron, passed away Monday, March 12, 2012 at Hospice of Lancaster County, Mount Joy.
He was born in Lexington to the late Harry and Susan (Imhoff) Markley and was the husband of Ruth (Hernley) Markley, with whom he shared 63 years of marriage.
Willard was a member of Ephrata Church of the Nazarene, Ephrata. He was very dedicated to his church and helping out with many tasks. He also enjoyed yard work, many times helping others with theirs as well. During his working years, Willard worked for Pennsylvania Scale for 40 years before retirement.
Willard is survived by two daughters: Cheryl Muncy, of Mohnton; and Nancy, wife of Leroy High, of Leola; a son: Eric, husband of Della Markley, of Leola; six grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and a brother: Charles Markley, of Lititz.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
Funeral services were held March 16 at Ephrata Church of the Nazarene with Dr. B.W. Hambrick officiating. Interment will follow in the Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Willard’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.