- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
William Moran, 77, Ford New Holland retiree, vet
William "Pat" Moran, 77, of Ephrata, died Monday, Sept. 19, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital.
He was the husband of Martha Ann (Buohl) Moran with whom he would have celebrated 46 years of marriage on Sept. 25, 2011.
Pat was born in Ballymena, Northern Ireland, son of the late William and Margaret Moran. He was a U.S. Army veteran and resident of Ephrata since 1964.
Pat retired from Ford New Holland in 1989. He was more recently employed part-time at Blue Ridge Communications as a custodian until 2004. Pat was a member of Our Mother of Perpetual Help Church in Ephrata and was a Knight of Columbus in the Third Degree. He was a beloved grandfather and enjoyed woodworking and gardening.
In addition to his wife, Pat is survived by a son: Michael G. Moran, husband of Tracy R. Moran, and a granddaughter: Caitlyn Moran, all of Wallingford; a sister: Anna Moran, and a brother: Oliver Moran, husband of Eilish Moran, all of Ballymena, Northern Ireland; and a number of nieces and nephews.
Mass of Christian burial was held at Our Mother of Perpetual Help Church, Ephrata, on Sept. 26. Final commendation and farewell took place at Cedar Hill Cemetery, Ephrata. Military honors were accorded by the Red Rose Veterans Honor Guard.
Donations in Pat’s memory may be directed to the American Cancer Society, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.