- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
William O. Morrell, 83, Stevens, IBM customer engineer retiree, veteran of the U.S. Navy,
William O. Morrell, 83, of Stevens, passed away Friday, June 27, 2014 at Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
He was born in Rochester, N.Y., to the late Francis W. and Mabel A. (Olley) Morrell.
He was a 1949 graduate of Monroe H.S., Rochester, N.Y., and a veteran of the U.S. Navy. He worked as a customer engineer for IBM for 37 years before retiring in 1991. Bill was a member of St. John’s UCC in Denver. He was a devoted husband, father and friend.
William is survived by his wife of 63 years: Vonita (Bush) Morrell of Stevens; four daughters: Kathleen A. Morrell of Brookhaven, Debra J. wife of Allen Smith of Aston, Cynthia M. wife of Gerald Gillard of Lititz, Susan E. Morrell of Stevens; a son: William F. husband of Sadie Morrell of Bowie, M.; 11 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a granddaughter: Rebecca S. Morrell; and two brothers: Arthur and Victor.
A visitation will be held on Saturday July 5, from 10 to 11 a.m. at St. John’s U.C.C., 659 S. 4th St., Denver, followed by a memorial service at 11 a.m., with Reverend David R. Brumbaugh officiating. A luncheon will be served immediately following the service.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorial contributions may be made in William’s memory to St. John’s UCC, PO Box 37, Denver, PA 17517 or the Colon Cancer Alliance at ccalliance.org.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.