- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
William Simmons, served in Korea, Markline retiree
William E. Simmons, 80, entered into rest at 7:19 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 7, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
He was the husband of the late Reba H. (Knudsen) Simmons. Born May 24, 1932 in York, he was the son of the late John A. and Florence (Byerts) Simmons.
Bill served in the U.S. Army during Korea. He was a trash collector for Fetrow Trash of Dover for many years and retired after ten years at Markline of Ephrata. Bill enjoyed being with his family and friends, loved watching NASCAR racing on TV and was an animal lover.
Bill is survived by his three daughters: Gail L., wife of Charles H. Walker, of Lancaster; Sandra D., wife of E. John Stough, of Manchester; and Donna L., widow of Nolan (Nick) Reves, of York; five grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; two brothers: Donald, husband of Bobbie Simmons; and Gary, husband of Jean Simmons; a sister: Gloria, widow of Charles Covert; and numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to his wife, he was preceded in death by an infant son: William E. Simmons Jr.; grandson: Charles H. Walker IV; brothers: John and Clarence Simmons; and sisters: Catherine McClintock, Pauline Chronister and Betsy McVaugh.
William’s funeral was held Oct. 13 at Emig Funeral Home, Dover. Burial followed in Rohler’s Mountain View Cemetery with Veteran honors presented by York County Veterans Honor Guard. Officiating was the Rev. Bonnie Whittier, pastor of Christ United Church of Christ in Jefferson.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Hospice & Community Care, 425 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17604.