- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
William Walter Leisey, 72, volunteered with Akron and Rothsville Fire Depts., deer hunter
William “Bill” Walter Leisey, 72, of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at the Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was born in Ephrata to the late Walter and Florence (Zimmerman) Leisey and was the husband of Carolyn A. Haldeman.
Bill was a member of the New Covenant Church of God, Ephrata. He was a fire policeman and a member of the Lancaster County Fireman’s Assoc., a life member of the Akron Volunteer Fire Co., and the Rothsville Volunteer Fire Co. He enjoyed deer hunting, yardwork and helping others.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by three sons: William Scott Haldeman, fiance of Jennifer Moyer of Ephrata, Christopher Michael, husband of Regina Haldeman of Reamstown, Jonathan Paul Haldeman at home; two grandchildren: Quinn Bradlee Haldeman and Zydney Kochel; two sisters: Mary Ann and Shirley.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a brother: Robert Showalter.
A service to celebrate Bill’s life will take place Sunday, May 4, at 2 p.m., at the Akron Volunteer Fire Company Social Hall, 1229 Main St., Akron, with Pastor Leonard Stein officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
If desired, memorial contributions in Bill’s memory may be made to Stradling Funeral Home, PO Box 92, Ephrata, PA 17522, to help with funeral expenses.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.