- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Youa Chongtua, 56, nurse
Youa Y. Chongtua, 56, of Reinholds, died Friday, Sept. 23, 2011 in Ephrata Community Hospital.
Born in Xieng Khouang, Laos, a daughter of Chiakee Yang, Nebo, N.C., and the late May Hang, she was the wife of Pao Moua Chongtua for 39 years.
Youa was a member of Hmong Alliance Church, Leola. She was a nurse in Laos and loved gardening, especially flowers and herbs.
Also surviving is a daughter: Xai; sons: Chang Sou, Bong Thong and Lee, all at home; sisters: Soua Chang, Morganton, N.C.; and Deu Hang, Spartanburg, S.C.; and brothers: Tou Txakeeyang, Honolulu, Hawaii; Kou Txakeeyang, Hickory, N.C.; Lang Txkeeyang, Richville, Mich.; True Txakeeyang, Centryville, Va.; and Mang Txakeeyang, Nebo, N.C.
Funeral services will be on Oct. 3 at 9 a.m. from Good Funeral Home, Reamstown, with burial in Muddy Creek Cemetery, Swartzville.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.