- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Thank you, EASD
First, I would like to say “thank you” to the EASD Board for deciding to have this year’s graduation outside, weather permitting. I’m hoping that through all of this, they are researching places that could hold more parents, friends, etc. if the ceremony has to be held inside due to weather. There are facilities in the area but need to be booked ahead of time. However, as a parent of a graduate this year, I do hope they face the students toward the bleachers and not with their backs to us parents. Not sure when this changed but would appreciate it going to the way it once was.
Second, I want to say “thank you” to EASD for having the WashingtonEducationCenter in place. I have had the privilege of working with Mr. Mahlandt and Ms. Good through the past two years as my son attended there. Having this in place helped him focus on his school work without all the drama that is sometimes encountered in the high school. I appreciate that this is an option for students as some districts may not have this option. If EHS at Washington or WEC was not in place, the outcome may have been different for my son. Instead, he will be graduating in June with his class.