- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Thank you, EASD
First, I would like to say “thank you” to the EASD Board for deciding to have this year’s graduation outside, weather permitting. I’m hoping that through all of this, they are researching places that could hold more parents, friends, etc. if the ceremony has to be held inside due to weather. There are facilities in the area but need to be booked ahead of time. However, as a parent of a graduate this year, I do hope they face the students toward the bleachers and not with their backs to us parents. Not sure when this changed but would appreciate it going to the way it once was.
Second, I want to say “thank you” to EASD for having the WashingtonEducationCenter in place. I have had the privilege of working with Mr. Mahlandt and Ms. Good through the past two years as my son attended there. Having this in place helped him focus on his school work without all the drama that is sometimes encountered in the high school. I appreciate that this is an option for students as some districts may not have this option. If EHS at Washington or WEC was not in place, the outcome may have been different for my son. Instead, he will be graduating in June with his class.