- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Convict guilty of threats against Ephrata officer
A jailed sex offender has been convicted of threatening to kill the Ephrata police officer that charged him.
Lancaster County Judge Margaret Miller found Scott David Grant guilty of making terroristic threats and retaliation against a witness, according to an Intelligencer Journal article.
Grant, now 55, threatened to kill Ephrata police Detective Ken Lockhart in December 2012 while awaiting trial on the sex charges at Lancaster County Prison.
Grant made the threats to a cellmate and an acquaintance not at the prison. Both told investigators about the threats.
Grant was convicted last year of forcing sex acts on a teenage girl and sentenced to 7.5 to 15 years in prison. He’s now facing an even longer term.
Regarding the threats, Grant discussed details with his cellmate, including how he would use guns he kept at his Ephrata home.