- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ephrata man charged with attempted burglary
The Ephrata Police Department reported the following:
ATTEMPTED BURGLARY – Police responded at approximately 10:55 p.m. Feb 13 for a call of a male attempting to break into the complainant’s house, in which he broke a window in the attempt, and making threats to harm the occupants of the house. The incident occurred in the 100 block of East Mohler Church Road during a heavy snow storm. The complainant stated he was able to observe the suspect to be Jonathan Steffy, 20, from Ephrata. Steffy fled the area in a black Chevrolet blazer but was stopped by police a few blocks away as he attempted to flee the area on the snow-covered roads. Steffy was taken into custody and charged with criminal attempt burglary, terroristic threats and loitering and prowling at night. Steffy was taken to Lancaster Co. Central Arraignment to be arraigned on the charges, failed to post $50,000 cash bail and was committed to Lancaster County Prison.
RETAIL THEFT – Casey Fausnacht, 21, of Lancaster was taken into custody for attempting to steal $108 worth of clothing from the Walmart located at 809 E. Main St., Ephrata Township. A search prior to her arrest revealed drug paraphernalia. Fausnacht will receive a summons for the retail theft and drug paraphernalia.
CRASH – A westbound vehicle rear ended another westbound vehicle when it slowed to turn into a private driveway in the 1000 block of West Main Street at 3:30 p.m. Feb. 16. No one was injured and one vehicle was towed from the scene. Police were assisted by Lincoln Fire Co.
FRAUD – A resident in the first block of E. Walnut Street in Ephrata Borough reported Feb. 16 their credit card/account was compromised via online purchases.