- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Kmart burglary arrest made
An arrest has been made regarding two burglaries that occurred at Kmart in Ephrata Township.
Timothy J. Schittler, 23, and from the 500 block of North Plum Street in Lancaster City, is charged with two counts of burglary and two counts of theft by unlawful taking.
Police said the investigation began last year when the first burglary occurred in the early morning hours of June 3, 2013. During the burglary, the suspect forcefully entered the store and stole numerous items of jewelry. The second burglary occurred in the early morning hours of March 25. During that burglary, the suspect forcefully entered the store and again stole numerous items of jewelry. The total amount of jewelry stolen during both burglaries is estimated to be approximately $71,000.
The police requested the help of the public through Crime Stoppers and received information that assisted investigators. On April 25, Ephrata Police, assisted by Lancaster City Police and Lower Pottsgrove Police (Montgomery County) arrested Schittler. He is currently being held at the Lancaster County Prison. The accused in this case is innocent until proven guilty in the court of law.