- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Woman arrested for theft, assault
An Ephrata woman charged with stealing a vehicle is also facing assault charges.
An Ephrata resident in the 500 block of East Main Street reported to police April 4 that his Dodge mini-van was stolen sometime overnight. He named Amanda Becker, 20, of Ephrata as a suspect. Becker was an overnight guest of the victim’s daughter.
Becker appeared at District Judge Russell’s office, 609 East Main St. in Ephrata for a preliminary hearing on a prior unrelated charge at 1:50 p.m. April 4. Becker was unable to post bail set on the prior charge. When Becker was taken into custody by police, she kicked a police officer and was charged with assault.
Becker was interviewed about the vehicle theft. She admitted to the theft and provided police with the location of the stolen vehicle. She was charged with theft of the vehicle.
Becker is currently incarcerated in Lancaster County Prison on multiple charges.