- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Weavers celebrate 56 years of marriage
They were married Jan. 25, 1958 in Ephrata with Mahlon Zimmerman officiating.
George and Evelyn are both retired. George retired from Martin Limestone and Evelyn from Roxanne’s Flowers. George does small engine repairs, both volunteer, are involved in their church, travel and enjoy spending time with their grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
The Weavers have six children: Diane, wife of Dale Burkholder; Darla, wife of Leonard Shirk; Carol, wife of Kevin Smoker; Jerry, husband of Debra (Gemmill); Gary, husband of Judy (Horning) and Bruce, husband of Sherry (Eberly). They also have 16 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
The couple celebrated with their children by taking them out for dinner to celebrate their anniversary.