- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Weavers celebrate 56 years of marriage
They were married Jan. 25, 1958 in Ephrata with Mahlon Zimmerman officiating.
George and Evelyn are both retired. George retired from Martin Limestone and Evelyn from Roxanne’s Flowers. George does small engine repairs, both volunteer, are involved in their church, travel and enjoy spending time with their grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
The Weavers have six children: Diane, wife of Dale Burkholder; Darla, wife of Leonard Shirk; Carol, wife of Kevin Smoker; Jerry, husband of Debra (Gemmill); Gary, husband of Judy (Horning) and Bruce, husband of Sherry (Eberly). They also have 16 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
The couple celebrated with their children by taking them out for dinner to celebrate their anniversary.