- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Bears hang on to edge Cocalico
A lopsided first quarter cost the Cocalico boys basketball team dearly Tuesday night on the road at Section Two leader Elizabethtown.
The Eagles were out-scored 19-5 in the first stanza, and played catch-up the rest of the way. And despite a 26-point fourth quarter, they couldn’t make it all the way back as the Bears held on for a 50-43 victory.
Kirby Breault scored a game-high 19 points to lead the Bears (10-2 section, 12-5 overall), who clinched their second-straight Section Two title with the win. Oliver Denlinger and Tucker Lescoe each dropped in 12 for Cocalico (5-7, 8-8), which dropped into a tie with Lebanon (5-7, 7-9) in the race for the final L-L playoff spot in Section Two.
Those teams, incidentally, will square off in Lebanon next Tuesday night.
In addition to Tuesday’s game, the Eagles also were in action Friday night where they captured a 51-41 victory over visiting Penn Manor.
Leading 22-19 at the half, the host Eagles pulled away, outscoring the Comets, 29-22 over the final two quarters.
Lescoe led three players in double figures for Cocalico, scoring 15 points in the win. Spencer Moser and Denlinger each added 14 for the Eagles. More EAGLE BOYS, page B-2