- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Cocalico girls gain finals at Muhlenberg
The Cocalico girls basketball team advanced to the Muhlenberg Tournament championship after earning a 43-33 victory over Garden Spot in Friday’s opening round.
However, the Lady Eagles never got a chance to win the tourney title as Saturday’s snowfall led to postponement of the championship game against host Muhlenberg.
As of press time, the game had yet to be rescheduled.
In Friday’s win over the Spartans, Cocalico led 18-10 after one period and kept the Spartans at arm’s length the rest of the way to earn the 10-point win.
Marissa Gingrich led the way for Cocalico, scoring a game-high 20 points to key the victory. Freshman Emily White added nine points for the winners.
Garden Spot was led by Hailey Fricke, who dropped in 12 points in the loss.
The Lady Eagles return to action Wednesday night as they host CV, beginning at 8 p.m. Cocalico will travel to Lebanon Friday before heading to Ephrata for what could be a first-place showdown next Monday night (7:30 p.m.).