- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Comets down Ephrata behind Summy’s 26
Visiting Ephrata got off to a fast 17-12 start Tuesday at Penn Manor. But the Mounts couldn’t keep the lead as the Comets outscored Ephrata 33-16 in the middle two periods to earn a 64-53 victory.
Marc Summy scored a game-high 26 points to ignite the Comets and key the victory. Ephrata (0-2 league, 0-4 overall) was led by seniors Jeremy Franck and Brian Neff, who scored 12 and 11 points respectively in the loss.
Ephrata opened league play last Friday night with a Section One-Two cross over contest at home vs. McCaskey.
The visiting Red Tornado were clicking on all cylinders from the start in this one, racing out to a 28-11 lead after one and a 49-24 advantage by the half. McCaskey coasted in from there en route to a 94-47 victory over the Mounts.
Diante Cherry, Calvert Gantz, Deron Johnson, Aaron Swinton and Devon Pinkard all finished with 11 points each to pace the Tornado. Neff led the Mounts with nine points while Franck added eight in the loss.
Last Wednesday in Laureldale, Christian Burggraf scored a game-high 19 points to lead host Muhlenberg to a 56-42 non-league victory over Ephrata.
Muhlenberg built an 18-7 lead after the first quarter and never trailed as Andre Onwudinjo chipped in with 11 points for the Muhls. Franck led Ephrata with 14 points while Neff and Aaron Hubbard each added nine points. More EPHRATA, page B-6