- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Eagle netters swept by MC
Cocalico’s Mike Carty (22) goes up for the kill shot during action Tuesday at Manheim Central. (Photo by Dennis Bicksler) The Cocalico boys volleyball team dropped its first dual of the season Tuesday evening at Manheim Central, losing 3-0 to the host Barons.
Led by Josiah Hershberger, who collected 22 kills and eight blocks, the Barons needed just three games to defeat the Eagles 25-11, 25-14 and 25-9.
Phillip Yang led the way for Cocalico with six kills on the night. Luke Parson chipped in with four blocks while Mike Carty served up an ace for the Eagles.
Ephrata also opened regular-season play Tuesday night with a home match vs. McCaskey. Unfortunately, the Mounts ended up on the losing end as well as the visiting Tornado scored a 3-1 victory.
After the teams split the first two games 25-19 and 21-25, McCaskey took control with a pair of tight wins (28-26 and 25-20) to capture the victory.
Logan Kopp and Jordan Schultz each collected 14 kills to pace the Mounts. Kopp added three aces while Adam Witmer blocked nine shots.
Both local squads will be back in action Thursday as Ephrata travels to Hempfield while Cocalico heads home to face Garden Spot.